The principles that should guide person choosing a profession
PRINCIPLE OF CONSCIOUS. Choosing the right career can a man keenly aware of:
- that he wants to (become aware of their goals, life plans, ideals, aspirations, values);
- that he is (knowing their personal and physical characteristics);
- that he can (knowing their inclinations, abilities, talents);
- that from it will require work and labor collective.
PRINCIPLE OF CORRESPONDENCE.. Choose a profession must meet (comply) interests, aptitudes, abilities, health rights and needs of society at the same time frames.
PRINCIPLE OF ACTIVITY.. The profession must be actively look for yourself. In this great role to play: practical test of strength in circles, sections for elective; reading literature, guided tours, meetings with specialists, visits to schools in the “open days”, an appeal to an independent psychologist or professional counselors.
PRINCIPLE OF DEVELOPMENT..It reflects the idea of the need to develop the qualities that are needed for any profession. This is – the mental processes (thinking, memory, attention) and the following traits: hard work, honesty, diligence, discipline, diligence, independence, initiative, ability to tolerate failure, endurance, perseverance.
When planning your career,,
It is useful to answer the following questions:
- From any of his skills and abilities you get the most satisfaction?
- What are your main interests and favorite pastime?
- What subjects are you favorite?
- What would you like to do every day for 8 hours from year to year?
- What kind of job do you want?
- How do you present your activity in 10 years?
- What kind of job would be ideal for you? Describe it as detailed as possible.
- Imagine yourself in this work, who you work with, how do you spend the time?
- What are your criteria for choosing a profession? (compulsory and desired)
- What are your strengths and skills are most let you consider yourself suitable for the work that you feel great?
- What are the gaps in their knowledge and skills you need to be addressed to get the perfect job for you?
- If work is a must for you, is unattainable at the present time, what kind of job you could perform to move in the chosen direction?
- Who can consult to obtain useful information for career planning?
- Finally, write down your immediate and long-term career goals and actions.
There are the following degree of professional competence:
- unusable. It can be temporary or almost irresistible. To talk about it in those cases when there are variations in health status that are incompatible with work. At the same time this is not necessarily so that the person can not work, and that work in this profession can worsen the condition of the person. Contraindications are not only medical but also psychological: this or that persistent personal qualities will be a hindrance for mastering a certain profession.
- date. Characterized in that there are no contraindications, but there is no obvious indication. In other words, neither for nor against. “You can choose this profession. It is possible that you will become a good worker. ” About these words can be described this level of professional competence.
- Compliance. No contraindications have some personal quality that meet the requirements of the profession. For example, it has expressed interest in certain objects of labor (art, nature, people, art) or the successful experience in the field. This does not exclude compliance with other professions. “You can choose this profession. And it is likely that you will be a good worker. “
- Calling. This is the highest level of professional competence. It is characterized by the fact that all elements of its structure there are clear signs of compliance requirements of the person elected by the type of labor. These are the signs that a person stands out among their peers who are in equal conditions of training and development. “In this, and in this area of work you will be most needed by the people.”
To open a vocation, it is important to safely “try on” themselves to a variety of professions, need to almost try their hand at different kinds of work.
What you need to know when choosing an educational institution?
Perhaps your chosen profession can be obtained in several schools. This raises the problem of choosing the school. The right choice can be made to learn all about these schools.
Gathering information about the school, you should answer the following questions:
What level of education allows you to get institution (vocational, vocational, higher)?
- For some specialties and specializations provides training?
- What qualifications are assigned to after graduation?
- What forms of education provided (full-time, part-time)? Pay or free training? The amount of payment?
- What are the requirements for applicants (age, health, sex, level of education)?
- What is the procedure for admission to an educational institution (date of submission of documents, deadlines for exams, benefits coming)?
- What is the duration of the training?
- Does the school help in the employment of graduates?
- Do preparatory courses. When they start work and what pay?
- When are the “open days” in the school?
- Address of the institution and its full name?
Career choice formula
I WANT – it’s your interests, inclinations, desires, dreams.
(«What’s important in life, keeping in mind the desires of their capacity to remember!” E. Asadov.)
CAN – it’s your physiological capabilities, health, ability, ie professional suitability.
(«Берись за то, к чему ты годен, коль хочешь, чтоб в делах успешный был конец» И.Крылов)
NEED – is the need for personnel in the labor market, the demand for your profession.
(«Не так живи, как хочется, а так живи, как Бог велит». Поговорка )
If you can combine your WANT, CAN and NEED, your professional choice would be the best.
In other words, the challenge is to find a profession that:
- Interesting and attractive for you;
- Complies with your abilities;
- The demand in the labor market;
What influences the choice of profession??
There are eight factors of choice of profession / By EA Klimov /:
- Position the older family members.
There are seniors who are directly responsible for the way your life is formed. This concern also applies to the question of your future profession.
- Position the comrades and friends.
Friendly relations at your age is already very strong and can strongly influence the choice of profession. You can only give general advice will be the solution that fits your interests and coincides with the interests of the society in which you live.
- The position of teachers, school teachers.
Observing the behavior, academic and extracurricular activities students experienced teacher knows many things about you that is hidden from the untrained eye and even from you.
- Personal professional plans.
Under the plan, in this case refers to your understanding of the stages of development of the profession.
On the uniqueness of their abilities should be judged not only academic excellence, but also achievements in a variety of activities.
- The level of claims for public recognition.
When planning your career, it is important to take care of the realism of their claims.
It is important to make sure that you acquired information about a particular profession not be distorted, incomplete, one-sided.
Addiction appear in hobbies, which spends most of his free time. It’s – interests, backed by certain abilities.
Seven steps to a balanced decision
- Create a list of matching occupations that I enjoy, interesting; for which you want to work that suits you.
- Create a list of requirements for the chosen profession
– Choose a profession and a future occupation;
– Choose a profession and life values and goals;
– Choose a profession and a real employment in the specialty;
– The desired level of training;
– Choose a profession and my inclinations and abilities;
– Desirable content, nature and conditions of work.
- To determine the importance of each requirement.
Determine how much all these requirements are significant. Maybe there is a less important requirements which, by and large, can not be taken into account.
- assess their compliance with each of the appropriate professions.
In addition to those requirements that you have for the profession, there are requirements of the profession. Consider, if you have developed professional quality, responsible if your intellectual ability, psychological characteristics, health status requirements of the profession.
- Calculate and analyze the results.
Analyze what kind of work from the entire list of other longer suits you on all counts.
- Check results.
To verify your thoughts, discuss your decision with your friends, parents, teachers, psychologists, professional counselors.
- Identify the main practical steps to success.
So, you have decided it is now important to determine: what school you can receive vocational education, how to develop a professional qualities, as much as possible to gain practical experience in the profession, how to improve their competitiveness in the labor market.
Errors in the choice of profession
- Attitude to the choice of profession as unchanging phenomenon.
In every field of activity is a change of employment, positions with increasing skill person. The greatest success is achieved one who was good initial step.
Analyze the situation on the labor market. Pay attention to the fact that every year there are new profession. Be prepared for the fact that you have to regularly raise qualification, develop related specialties. Do not be afraid of what is now the choice of profession, 9, or 11 grade, fatally determine your entire destiny.
- Prevailing opinion on the prestige of the profession.
With regard to trade prejudices manifested in the fact that certain important social professions, occupations deemed unworthy, indecent (eg janitor).
Economist or psychologist is no more useful to society than a chemist or a mechanic. Kudos to the profession should be taken into account – but after taking into account your interests and abilities. Otherwise, you will own (if you) “fashionable” but not pleasurable specialty. Or, God forbid, will prove to be unsuitable to perform basic job functions ..
- Choosing a profession under the influence of friends (for the company to keep up).
The profession we choose for their “taste” and “size” as well as clothing and footwear.
The feeling of the group orientation to their peers – are very positive features of guys your age. They need to develop norms of behavior in society, forming the image of “I” and self-esteem. Therefore, look back on the other, comparing (yourself with friends), rather than blindly repeating. Try to see what you are different from his comrades – and what you are similar. It helps to understand that if John is a fireman (he – risky people), this profession you may not like (you’re very careful and thoughtful).
- Transfer the relationship to the person, the representative of a particular profession, the profession itself.
When choosing a profession we must remember, first of all, especially of the activity, rather than to choose a profession just because you like or dislike the person who engaged in the activity.
Especially dangerous is the charm of the teacher (if you admire sincerity physics – that does not mean that you like physics itself, is “set”). In addition, children often make the mistake of trying to get a profession idol – athletes, politicians, journalists, artists.
- Passion is only the external, or any private party profession.
The ease with which the actor creates on stage image is stressful everyday work. Journalists do not always appear on television – often they shovel a lot of information, archives, talk to dozens of people – before preparing the 10-minute message.
- The identification of the subject with the school or the profession a bad distinction of these concepts.
There is such a thing as a foreign language, and professions that require a lot of capacity for language – translator, guide, telephonist international communications and others. Therefore, when choosing a profession, we must remember what real employment and occupation are the subject of this.
It is necessary to analyze the stands with vacancies at the employment center (there is usually indicated what kind of education is required for a particular job). For example, a person with linguistic education (“Ukrainian Language and Literature”, “foreign language” at school) can work a teacher and translator, and editor, and the secretary – referent. Moreover, keep in mind that there are more jobs than school subjects. You can be a lawyer, marketer, apparatchik. The profession can normally be associated with several school subjects (usually correspond to the university entrance exams for admission to this profession). For example, future economists school can like both math and geography.
- Outdated ideas about the nature of work in the sphere of material production.
In all professions, and above all in the workers implemented a complex and interesting appliances, increases the work culture (and the computer implemented absolutely all spheres of activity – up to the livestock).
- Inability / unwillingness to understand their personal qualities (inclinations, abilities).
Understand yourself you will help to professional counselors, parents, teachers, comrades.
Useful may also be psychological tests, as well as articles and publications on popular psychology.
- Ignorance or underestimation of their physical characteristics, weaknesses, essential when choosing a profession.
There are professions that you may be contraindicated because They can worsen your health. Such professions bit and include primarily those that require long-term stress of various physiological systems. Computer scientists strongly straining his eyes, and the pilots – the heart of …
- Ignorance of the main action, and the order of operations when solving, thinking about the problem in choosing a profession.
When you decide to math problems, then perform specific actions in a specific sequence. It would be wise to do the same when choosing a profession.
The value of the correct choice of profession..
The choice of profession, work, providing professional growth and material wealth, social recognition – one of the major concerns and challenges of each person. But it is often decided at the level of intuition, or under the influence of mood, superficial impressions of parental whim, through trial and error.
The French thinker Saint-Simon wrote that the cause of almost all the turmoil in society become “failed vocation, profession and imposed arising from this discontent and evil passions.”
This is true not only with respect to “high” intellectual professions, but also the simplest, most ordinary. Mediocre politician, military leader, manager, lawyer, doctor – a real disaster. But a lot of trouble and damage from incompetent plumbing, a TV technician, a turner and a baker whose hands and head is clearly not suited to the task.
The problem of choice of profession has objective sources and bases. What are they? Between people, as well as between occupations, there are strong differences. Thus, the reaction rate, awareness and decision making variation in performance large group of people up to 3-4 times; identified as significant – about 1120 – variations in temperament and character. Some combination of certain features of a person directly or indirectly tends to specific occupational groups.
We pick and choose us. Combining the right person with the relevant individual characteristics of his profession, office, get a big payoff in increasing the productivity and quality of labor, the reduction of accidents, occupational diseases, growing prosperity, income, job satisfaction and life. Departs trash, it becomes less whiners and crooks.
These are the effects and potential of the right career choices.